Prawn and Yellow Pepper Curry with Turmeric
A very specialised curry having the strong taste of turmeric and sweetness from the peppers, with garlic and chilli coming through as the meal progresses. Best served after a starter that packs nutrients.
- Onions (1 medium)
- Yellow Peppers (2 medium)
- Tomatoes (300g)
- Garlic (3-6 cloves)
- Turmeric (fresh or dried)
- Chilis (optional)
- King or Tiger Prawns (peeled) 300g
- Fry the onions in a pan until they are golden brown
- Add half the turmeric and fry for 1 minute
- Add finely chopped yellow peppers, tomotoes, garlic and the remaining turmeric to the pan and cook on a low heat until the peppers are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Add the prawns and chillis, and continue to simmer until the prawns are cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes
- Serve with plain boiled basmati, or jeera rice